Bots

Want to report problems or bugs concerning the 1on1 DM Minsta+Hook Server? Here's the place.

Bots

Postby ArgeadGER[NFC] » 18 Mar 2010, 21:38

I think you should put some (good) Bots on your Server, its kind of boring if no one else is playing.

Is the Dodging feature a Server-Mod or is it part of Nexuiz? I only know this from UT3
ArgeadGER[NFC]
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 21:35

Re: Bots

Postby evil_mercenary » 18 Mar 2010, 21:39

its a mutator deliberatly made to be similar to UT ^^ UT has always had dodging, and its a good addon to its duel mode. ^^
Image
User avatar
evil_mercenary
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 14 Mar 2010, 19:42
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Bots

Postby ArgeadGER[NFC] » 18 Mar 2010, 21:57

So do you plan to put a bot onto this server?

Was the Mutator written from you guys or the Devs of Nexuiz? I kind of like it, buts its only usful in open maps.

I think this mutator would be great for a standard Nex Server
ArgeadGER[NFC]
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 21:35

Re: Bots

Postby eL_Bart0 » 19 Mar 2010, 02:50

ArgeadGER[NFC] wrote:I think you should put some (good) Bots on your Server, its kind of boring if no one else is playing.

Is the Dodging feature a Server-Mod or is it part of Nexuiz? I only know this from UT3


The problem with bots usually is that they eat a lot of cpu load which the server maybe wouldn't be able to handle anymore. In case of the 1 Bot for the 1on1 server i'd say: let's try it out. First of all im going to monitor cpu load on my local machine here, of course, coz otherwise the main ctf server could be affected what we don't really want to risk ;)

ArgeadGER[NFC] wrote:So do you plan to put a bot onto this server?

Was the Mutator written from you guys or the Devs of Nexuiz? I kind of like it, buts its only usful in open maps.

I think this mutator would be great for a standard Nex Server


This Mutator is a quakeC modification made by lda17h (you can find him on our irc channel usually), we are just the first who have the honor to try it out :D There's still lots of stuff which could be improved and most likely will be in the not so far future. We could use a sound for the dodging, e.g. and lda17h tries to figure out how to enable the Nexuiz Clients to controll the dodgetime. We were also allready talking about some little settings gui menu, but to be honest: i guess we are not that far yet, but let's see how stuff will evolve :)

Btw: Fjant is hosting a new CTF Minsta+Hook+Dodging Server on a dedicated machine in his house @ 50mbit/10mbit dsl, soon. I guess we will have it set up somewhen today in the evening, completly. I had a nice ping of 60ms there. I guess it will surely be fun :) Most likely it will be without midair-dodging for the beginning, btw. Make sure to check it out :D
Image
User avatar
eL_Bart0
 
Posts: 109
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 22:34

Re: Bots

Postby ArgeadGER[NFC] » 19 Mar 2010, 16:50

Yeah I´ll try it out, probably gonna be fun :) . But why no midair dodging? Is it because of some coding problem, or because you dont want to integrate it yet?

I´d love to have VDSL 50 too ...., but its not available here :(

If lda17h writes the client part, will that be integrated into the SVN´s :?:

Do bots really have such a huge CPU-load? I can still play Nex downclocked to 800Mhz, without noticing much of a difference.
ArgeadGER[NFC]
 
Posts: 12
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 21:35

Re: Bots

Postby eL_Bart0 » 23 Mar 2010, 15:41

ArgeadGER[NFC] wrote:Yeah I´ll try it out, probably gonna be fun :) . But why no midair dodging? Is it because of some coding problem, or because you dont want to integrate it yet?


The coding is not the problem, but midair-dodging allows to fly around the map, if you do it right, so its maybe a little bit over the top ;)

ArgeadGER[NFC] wrote:If lda17h writes the client part, will that be integrated into the SVN´s :?:


I can't speak for him, but i'm almost sure it will find it's way into the xonotic github one day :)

ArgeadGER[NFC] wrote:Do bots really have such a huge CPU-load? I can still play Nex downclocked to 800Mhz, without noticing much of a difference.


Depending on the settings bots can eat a lot of cpu-load, but my tests have shown, that 1 bot should be possible for the 1on1 server, we are going to try it out soon, so stay tuned :)
Image
User avatar
eL_Bart0
 
Posts: 109
Joined: 13 Mar 2010, 22:34

Re: Bots

Postby lda17h » 29 Mar 2010, 22:53

Hi there :D I am honored that you guys like the dodging mod. And yes, it's already in the xonotic git repositories. It's a quite improved version btw. It has a sound effect and also plays the jump animation, better ground check, optional wall dodging support, client side double tap timeout, etc :D There are still some kinks to work out. And we also think about adding a warsow style dash key as an alternative to the double tapping (so you can use whatever method suits you best). But it will definitely be an "official" mutator (you can turn it on in the mutator menu).

Have fun and keep fragging..
lda17h
 
Posts: 3
Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 21:38


Return to 1on1 DM Minsta+Hook

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron