DieTunichtguten 1on1 CTF tournament, information and discuss

Here you can date other teams for tournament/league wars and also upload the demos afterwards.
NESQUICK

Re: DieTunichtguten 1on1 CTF tournament, information and dis

Post by NESQUICK » 25 Feb 2011, 01:37

Sorry about my previous entry, I was a little stressed out.
I didn't expect that I would have been so busy the last few days as I have been... =(
qbit wrote:Yo folks,

if Swamp is so much hated, why not just change it to anything that the majority prefers :yummi:

Any better suggestions? Or maybe you consider turning back to the old rules? I really don't mind for the rules anymore .. but what I do mind is the number of signed up players. Only ten guys so far .. where are all the players we see almost everyday? What about you Heddiz? Don't feel to play it or don't you get mentioned in the list but play nonetheless? :toilet1:
Maybe we need to force others and if they refuse -> :hammer: :SPARTA1: :SPARTA2:
I have spoken ..

p.s. @nesquick: :sex:
Yeah, well... I added swamp to the list after my chat with you and akari... Now you both have come to me and said that you think it would probably be better to just play Lostspace2 than to play Swamp also...
Well, we are in a little different position today than we where in back then... Actually I've seen a lot of you play against each other on Lostspace2 and all I can say is this... We are really really equal. I do think it will still be a very good game if we do it like that. Swamp will probably unbalance it in favor for the aimbotters. xD

The number of signed up players is my fault. =(
I really haven't been around enough to promote this.
I do really welcome any help I can get with this...
Qbit has been awesome so far with getting the eXiLe players to join in despite it being played with our settings.
So if you other people like to promote it when you see someone you know etc. You are more than welcome to do so. Bribes, blackmail and torture is all valid tools to use. :hammer:

Heddiz refuse to play for different reasons. If you see him in game... I want you all to just focus on spawnkilling that bastard until he obey. :popcorn:

I will probably be around for the upcoming days. I will think about this some more before I remove swamp from the list and changes it back to the old rules.

Any more opinions? :patpat:

radio

Post by radio » 25 Feb 2011, 14:30

stone_castle_ctf_v1r1 is a good map for tactical 1on1 play. Swamp is brainless dm with 0s respawn time. I prefer swamp, but only because I'm lame. Real ctf players should prefer a map that is more difficult to master, e.g. stone castle or even evilspace.

qbit

Post by qbit » 25 Feb 2011, 19:53

yeah, dm_castle or stone_castle would be good. We suggested a second map because it feels just better to get a second chance proving yourself on a map that the opponent might not be so good at. Why exactly we chose Swamp is something I don't really know :peace: just came up on mind probably as many people don't like dm_castle etc. Let's ask the others what they would like to play. Maybe evilspace even though it was refused at first :lol2:

Heddiz and Radio: pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease :flen: :blablabla1:

p.s.: why are we three the only ones talking about it? :puke4:

Xonex

Post by Xonex » 26 Feb 2011, 18:47

Hey there,

I'd like to compete as well ([eXiLe]Xonex, for those of you, who might not be familiar).

As for swamp map, I'd have to go with others - I do not like it nor do I think it's good for this tournament. I wouldn't even mind if the tournament was lostspace+dance. However, if you insist second map was closed, may I suggest hydronex?

Just my two cents.

Cheers.

Heddiz

Post by Heddiz » 27 Feb 2011, 00:29

Some good 1on1 minsta ctf maps....
Lostspace2
Dance
evil(space)ctf
dm_castle
frozencolors_nex

Some bad 1on1 minsta ctf maps....
ctf_swamp-b1

/Heddiz the swedish :vikin7:

Akari

Post by Akari » 27 Feb 2011, 16:01

Heddiz wrote:Some good 1on1 minsta ctf maps....
Lostspace2
Dance

Some bad 1on1 minsta ctf maps....
ctf_swamp-b1
evil(space)ctf
dm_castle
frozencolors_nex

/Heddiz the swedish :vikin7:
Fixed that for you
ArchLinux - A simple, lightweight Linux distribution.

Syphos

Post by Syphos » 21 Mar 2011, 21:14

Did this tourney die or is it still on-hold because of the lack of players?

I might be able to get some people to sign-up if you all still want to go through with this tourney, I think it's a great idea and it might even help to "re-activate" the community a bit if you host these tourneys a few times a year, it's also great to catch up with some players you might have not seen in a very long time (not sure how that is on nexuiz, haven't been here so long).

Either way, I'd be all up for it just let me know if this tourney is still on the go.

kitho

Post by kitho » 22 Mar 2011, 18:26

I'd like to participate :)
Can't reach Nesquik.