What we do with the Campers?

Want to report problems or bugs concerning the CTF Minsta+Hook Server? Here's the place.

What we want to do with the campers

Poll ended at 12 Dec 2010, 21:37

Kick the fucking campers
No votes
Ok Maybe we should do a spawntime [wish will polled out if this wins] and we should kick the campers
11%
Ok Maybe we should do a spawntime on 2 seconds and camping is ok now
No votes
Ok Maybe we should do a spawntime on 4 seconds and camping is ok now
No votes
Ok Maybe we should do a spawntime on 6 seconds and camping is ok now
22%
Camping is ok, we dont need a spawntime like it is
33%
Its ok to kick massively campers
22%
NoNoNo we need a respawnshield. Campers who do over 5 respawn kills should be autokicked!
No votes
NoNoNo we need a respawnshield. Campers who do over 4 respawn kills should be autokicked!
11%
NoNoNo we need a respawnshield. Campers who do over 3 respawn kills should be autokicked!
No votes

Total votes: 9

PSs777

Re: What we do with the Campers?

Post by PSs777 » 28 Nov 2010, 23:47

Voted "Its ok to kick massively campers" :SPARTA2:

A respwanshield would be nice but only with a proctection time of 1.5 seconds maybe. Although i think it would be better to test that for a while and to post the opinions later.

Autokicking campers is what i would not suggest to do. :ask1:
I know there is some kind of "respawn killing detection" i have seen something like this on some DM Servers where there is written it on your screen when you have respawn killed someone and i think we should not put that on our server because you could accidently respawn kill someone because you want to defend yourself.

" Ok Maybe we should do a spawntime on 6 seconds and camping is ok now"
OMG never D: :chainsaw: please dont do that else i will only play on some other servers in the future O.o :flen2:
i will get bored waiting 6 seconds... What if you get shot and have to wait 6 whole seconds..in lostspace you can make almost 2 caps O.o.
I dun think campers will lose the fun of camping D: just because they have to wait 6 seconds. :laserbeam:

We are proud of our fast gameplay settings so arent we disagreeing with ourselves when we are puting a respawn time of 6 seconds?? :crazy1:

i agree with heddiz in not changing anything and please dont edit the respawn time O.o because i think it is fine like the way it is now :mrgreen:

Oxyd

Post by Oxyd » 29 Nov 2010, 09:49

Kick massively campers, if they want to camp, they don't play at all.

I agree with PSs, the spawntime at 6 seconds are not needed.

Hypnosekröte

Post by Hypnosekröte » 29 Nov 2010, 17:08

naa protection time suxx even... than you never can hold your position at flagpoints. because all respawners have a protection @ pss. and most respawn points are at the flags on most maps -.-" ... so if all respawner have a protection on respawn than they can easylie frag all flagwaiters :/ And yes i think 6 seconds are too long either for respawntime. I really dunno what to vote xD but maybe camping is ok... if we had a real intelligent campingprotection wish is 100% fair and only kicks massevely campers i would vote for "kick massevely campers" but this is hard to realise. We have some ideas to give xtra points for flagcarrier protection but this we will speak about, when its in development XD Maybe someday we have good idea for a good protection wish is logik and fair for all or we figure out heddiz philosophie =D I think to have a better gameplay you should all tell the mapmakers to edit the respawn points far away from the flag. XD we realy need to defent this philosophie and bring it to the mappers ... xD
What do ya call a Toad's favorite soda?
Croaka-Cola!

Who is smarter, a chicken or a Toad?
A Toad of course.

How do you know?
Well, I've never heard of Kentucky Fried Toad!

Mithos

Post by Mithos » 29 Nov 2010, 19:53

Spawkillers are easyer to deal with, kill them once and they can have a hard time to get back to where they were, but loads of people camping in the bases is a problem I think. Especially when no-one is moving, cos they respawn as fast as they die. maybe a shortish spawntimer, and kick massive campers.

Question - would it be possible to get a message to someone warning them about camping if they don't move for a long time I wonder? would it be practical/desirable is a separate question.

evil_mercenary

Post by evil_mercenary » 30 Nov 2010, 19:32

i'm not completely sure.... it's difficult to say what to do, as i find spawntimes just annoy me =. = and a spawnshield would be annoying enough..... i do think that we should kick campers more strictly, but i'm not sure what to vote for.

Hypnosekröte

Post by Hypnosekröte » 16 Jan 2011, 16:52

This was an internal DTG Poll about Campers. Feel free to write your own opinion
What do ya call a Toad's favorite soda?
Croaka-Cola!

Who is smarter, a chicken or a Toad?
A Toad of course.

How do you know?
Well, I've never heard of Kentucky Fried Toad!

synap

Post by synap » 30 Apr 2011, 14:02

Heddiz wrote:The server settings are already perfect, whats not perfect are the players. if you cant get past the defence, then dont attack.
I am glad that at least someone kept his sanity.