DieTunichtguten 1on1 CTF tournament, information and discuss

Here you can date other teams for tournament/league wars and also upload the demos afterwards.
NESQUICK

DieTunichtguten 1on1 CTF tournament, information and discuss

Post by NESQUICK » 21 Feb 2011, 03:55

The easiest way to ask questions about this is just to contact me on irc...
But if you prefer it you can ask anything regarding the upcoming 1on1 tournament in this thread. Just make sure you have read the introduction and the rules and information first.

The tournament doesn't have a set date when to start yet. But I would say in 1-2 weeks depending on signups.

Signups so far
[DieTunichtguten] Nesquick
[DieTunichtguten] Pimpampum
[DieTunichtguten] Oxyd
[TheBadassChoobs] Akari
[DodgingBulletsClan] Jngm
[AxG] FabsMac
[eXiLe] Qbit
[eXiLe] ST
[eXiLe] Tapiok
[eXiLe] Neo1ink

NESQUICK

Re: DieTunichtguten 1on1 CTF tournament, information and dis

Post by NESQUICK » 21 Feb 2011, 22:04

UPDATE

So, after a long discussion with a few of the participants we decided to add another map also, ctf_swamp-b1.

This is to even it out against those who kind of specialize in playing Lostspace2.

Soo, to clarify. You will play every other player on 2 maps. 1 game on Lostspace2 and 1 game on ctf_swamp-b1.
The settings has been changed to 15 minutes or 15 caps. And Radio from eXiLe offered to host a server for those of you who have bad ping on the DieTunichtguten 4on4 server.
You can read more about this in the updated Rules and Information here: http://i.imgur.com/y7B3q.png

radio

Post by radio » 22 Feb 2011, 14:22

eXiLe server with dtg 1on1 tournament settings: 85.31.186.161:20777

NESQUICK

Post by NESQUICK » 22 Feb 2011, 22:40

radio wrote:eXiLe server with dtg 1on1 tournament settings: 85.31.186.161:20777
Seems very nice!
Could you just add the Swamp_CTF map please? :)

radio

Post by radio » 22 Feb 2011, 23:04

NESQUICK wrote:
Seems very nice!
ctf_swamp-b1 is on the server and on maplist, or isn't that the right one? Its the only swamp related map I've found :f
edit: this one it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_9Ex1DAOU

NESQUICK

Post by NESQUICK » 23 Feb 2011, 00:04

radio wrote:
NESQUICK wrote:
Seems very nice!
ctf_swamp-b1 is on the server and on maplist, or isn't that the right one? Its the only swamp related map I've found :f
edit: this one it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_9Ex1DAOU
Ohhh, my bad. xD

Sorry. :(

pimpampum

Post by pimpampum » 23 Feb 2011, 19:33

hi
First at all i would like to say thank you for your work to nesquick (alias el conejo loco) and radiohead, i think it's going to be a interesting and funny tournament.
I see only a minor inconvenience, is that 2nd map you choose (swamp), is ugly and unbalance althought is a "closed" map it doesnt reward agility or strategy but it do with aim, definitely in not a nice map to play 1v1.
I know Im going to lose a lot of games, whatever the map, but I would like to do with a bit of dignity :D.
It's my opinion and I m going to participate whatever the maps we'll play.
thx again

PD: there are better closed maps to play 1v1 i think :cupolaarena1 dm_castle, dusty, gib_warehouse_b1, SymDusty_v2r3 ....

NESQUICK

Post by NESQUICK » 23 Feb 2011, 20:06

pimpampum wrote:hi
First at all i would like to say thank you for your work to nesquick (alias el conejo loco) and radiohead, i think it's going to be a interesting and funny tournament.
I see only a minor inconvenience, is that 2nd map you choose (swamp), is ugly and unbalance althought is a "closed" map it doesnt reward agility or strategy but it do with aim, definitely in not a nice map to play 1v1.
I know Im going to lose a lot of games, whatever the map, but I would like to do with a bit of dignity :D.
It's my opinion and I m going to participate whatever the maps we'll play.
thx again

PD: there are better closed maps to play 1v1 i think :cupolaarena1 dm_castle, dusty, gib_warehouse_b1, SymDusty_v2r3 ....
Does this at all have to do with our match yesterday? Cause I can assure you... That was 90% luck. xD

Naah, I get what you're saying... Me, Akari and Qbit talked through this on IRC a bit...
I think the main thing with the 2nd map should be that it shouldn't be completely open like Lostspace2. So Dance and Evilspace falls away.

We arrived too the end of the discussion when I convinced both of them that Swamp was the best alternative... However, sleep deprivation and being the general messy person I am, I don't remember what kickass argument's I used for this...

And now a lot of you bastards (yes pim, you are only 1 among many) has begun to bitch (in lack of better word) about this. :laserbeam:

Ok, seriously now... Since this isn't a that large tournament you all have a say in the matter, and I will listen to what you all have to say. I'm all in for switching Swamp to dm_castle if you all want this too. It is as good as any I guess. :P

But before I do anything rash (and get more people getting angry at me), I would like it if more of you* would speak your opinions about this.

*Sidenote 1 Heddiz ain't got a word in this!!! Or else I will be working on the numbers until July. :flen: *
*Sidenote 2... Just Kidding Headboy, you know I like you <3 :xmas:

Heddiz

Post by Heddiz » 24 Feb 2011, 21:41

Your right Nesquick, and i dont want anything to do with this, SWAMP sucks!!
but i still love you Nessie <3 :beer1:

qbit

Post by qbit » 24 Feb 2011, 22:43

Yo folks,

if Swamp is so much hated, why not just change it to anything that the majority prefers :yummi:

Any better suggestions? Or maybe you consider turning back to the old rules? I really don't mind for the rules anymore .. but what I do mind is the number of signed up players. Only ten guys so far .. where are all the players we see almost everyday? What about you Heddiz? Don't feel to play it or don't you get mentioned in the list but play nonetheless? :toilet1:
Maybe we need to force others and if they refuse -> :hammer: :SPARTA1: :SPARTA2:
I have spoken ..

p.s. @nesquick: :sex: