Freezetag

Ask question about QuakeC coding here. You are welcome to share your knowledge.
NESQUICK

Freezetag

Post by NESQUICK » 30 Dec 2010, 21:06

Sooo, I've been testing out Xonotic the last few days and I've come across my favourite mode yet. It's called "Freezetag".

For now it just exists for allweapons. The games revolves around that when you die, you turn into an Iceblock. And still remain on the map. It is possible for teammates to revive you by just standing next to you for about 5 seconds.

When we move over to Xonotic I think it would be fun with a DTG Minsta+Hook FreezeTag server.

The thing that needs modify by people much more skilled than me is:

*Locked to minsta.
*Revival is either instant or takes 2-3 seconds (it has to be tried out which work best).

The fun thing would also be that with hook it would be possible to drag around the frozen enemies. :D

You can test it out on the [NL] Xonotic server. Do a vcall freezetag if it isn't active.

Waddaya think? :>

Akari

Re: Freezetag

Post by Akari » 30 Dec 2010, 21:19

*Locked to minsta.
*Revival is either instant or takes 2-3 seconds (it has to be tried out which work best).
I can do this, but the first problem I see with minsta+hook freeze tag is that people will get frozen in space alot, which will make recovering them a hard task. You'll end up playing team LMS on some space maps. Do you have any ideas how to work that around?
ArchLinux - A simple, lightweight Linux distribution.

NESQUICK

Post by NESQUICK » 30 Dec 2010, 21:26

Akari wrote:
*Locked to minsta.
I can do this, but the first problem I see with minsta+hook freeze tag is that people will get frozen in space alot, which will make recovering them a hard task. You'll end up playing team LMS on some space maps. Do you have any ideas how to work that around?
Well, that people is frozen in space will not be a problem, as the iceblocks is affected by gravity they will just fall down. And if they fall on the "floor" of the map where you usually die you will respawn in an ice block on a regular respawn point (as they do on the regular server atm).

Akari

Post by Akari » 30 Dec 2010, 21:30

NESQUICK wrote:
Akari wrote:
*Locked to minsta.
Well, that people is frozen in space will not be a problem, as the iceblocks is affected by gravity they will just fall down. And if they fall on the "floor" of the map where you usually die you will respawn in an ice block on a regular respawn point (as they do on the regular server atm).
lostspace2-inverted :)

NESQUICK

Post by NESQUICK » 30 Dec 2010, 21:51

Akari wrote: lostspace2-inverted :)
Well, in the rare case on that people vote for inverted maps on Minsta freezetag i guess you would fall through the floor over and over until you spawn on the ground.... But I'm talking about TDM here... And most of those maps aren't made in that way ^^

It would be interesting to have a CTF freezetag server o_O ... You can either win by capping 10 times or turning all opponents into icicles... Interesting don't cover it... That would be pretty awesome! :D

radio

Post by radio » 31 Dec 2010, 14:45

g_freezetag 1
g_freezetag_revive_time [time to revive frozen teammate]
g_minstagib 1
g_grappling_hook 1

moving iceblocks with hook works without modifications.

Akari

Post by Akari » 31 Dec 2010, 17:43

radio wrote:g_freezetag 1
g_freezetag_revive_time [time to revive frozen teammate]
g_minstagib 1
g_grappling_hook 1

moving iceblocks with hook works without modifications.
Yep, already done that on my server. Though I ran into a little problem, but I fixed it already.